DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  AIX: Return top processes based on write IOPS threshold?

Posted Jul 08, 2019 01:57 PM
    On AIX I am looking to return the top write IO processes when the write IO crosses a threshold.  Looking at the cdm probe through MCS enables monitoring of some iostats for write B/S with a set threshold but nothing in regards to returning top processes.  The processes probe does not have a IO metric that can be monitored as expected, but I checked for good measure.

I see my options as logmon probe running a command line to execute a script output periodically or possibly something custom through rsp probe.  Neither of which seem like a best practice for such a common request.

• 2.  RE: AIX: Return top processes based on write IOPS threshold?

Posted Jul 08, 2019 03:13 PM
    Looks like you already have this figured out, that first there is nothing out of the box to fulfill the need and second it can be done with some creativity and work. All there is to add is, if this was a 'common request' it would have been supported already. Post an Idea to request it and for product management consideration.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AIX: Return top processes based on write IOPS threshold?

Posted Jul 08, 2019 03:17 PM

I may think I have it all figured out but I like to throw something out there at that point just to be sure I haven't missed something someone else smarter than me has discovered. 

Remember, real system admins don't design and write this stuff.  ;-)