DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  O365 Monitoring

Posted Jul 05, 2019 11:34 AM
    Hello Folks,

So, here are the problems which I am having with O365 probe monitoring, which I recently started using as per the environment need.

1). I faced issue with setting up messaging in the probe for alarm, which was fixed by broadcom development team and I am okay with it now.
    2). Lets say I am monitoring o365 services for service degradation as Major alert and Service interruption as Critical, It works fine. But, I do not have an option to autoclear this alerts from the system when the Status of O365 services changes to OK!. (Inputs are welcome) 
    3). For some reasons, o365 alerts are not reflecting in the CA Business intelligence dashboard, It shows alerts are there, but do not show what alarm it is. Broadcom is working on it. (If anyone have any solution can be helpful).

Any inputs are very welcome!

Regards,
    Saju Mathew

------------------------------
    Thank You!
    Saju Mathew

• 2.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:26 AM
    Unfortunately, I believe you will need to talk to the dev team on these issues.
    I would expect a clear alarm to be sent from a probe when the condition is longer being met for example being able to connect to your instance of office365.
    However, if you have created a custom alarm for an event then this will not be expected to have an automatic clear alarm sent as the application would not have a reference as to what the clear condition was.
    And I would expect the alarms to show properly on all reports.

usually, this is not something that can be corrected with a configuration change.

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:44 AM
    Hello Gene,

I hope you are doing good!

I myself seems to be in a similar situation where i want to setup alerts for license on some threshold and for services (degraded, interruption etc) but support team is saying it is not possible to setup alerts for this probe and taking reference for article https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=131356

So i need to know if there is way to setup alerts using our some thresholds like @Saju Mathew has mentioned.

Regards
    Hitesh Sehgal​

• 4.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Posted Jul 08, 2019 12:03 PM
    Hello Hitesh,

I have setup only for service not for License as of now. We do have option to set threshold for service status as warn to Critical, But you can have only two thresholds. 

Service current status is what I used to setup the service monitoring and I have Publish Alarm option enabled to trigger alert when there is a status change.

Regards,
    Saju Mathew

• 5.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Posted Jul 08, 2019 01:11 PM
    Hi @Saju Mathew,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to configure it using template which i copied from the default template but while setting it up, the high message drop down is blank and it is a required field which doesn't allow me to choose or add/edit the message text.

high message name drop down is blank and not allowing me to edit/add any text
    How did you get two service status in the thresholds? anything to be done in raw configuration of the probe?

Regards
    Hitesh Sehgal

• 6.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Posted Jul 08, 2019 01:16 PM
    Hi Hitesh,

I have faced the same issue. Its an issue with the package. I opened a case and they sent it to development team and the dev team came back to me with a new package. If you want I can attach the package here.

Regards,
    Saju Mathew

• 7.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Posted Jul 08, 2019 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the Response Gene,

I am using the messages which comes with the probe. I am just suggesting it would be good to have a clear alarm message as well when the "Service Current status" is 'OK' on the O365 service health portal. 

Here we have just, Information, Warn, Minor, major and Critical. Also it just have two threshold to select from. If the team can modify the probe to have one more threshold for "OK" Would be great and the same can be use to clear the alert.

Regards,
    Saju Mathew

• 8.  RE: O365 Monitoring

Posted Nov 26, 2019 08:11 AM
    Hello everyone.

This is driving me crazy i am happy i'm not the only one.
    I have the same issue of Hitesh so i openned a case with support asking for the package but they just said that the probe just can't generate alarms for status and that didn't give me any package...

Could you post it? or tell me where it is? 

very thank you.