DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  MSSQL Replication monitoring

Posted Jul 03, 2019 08:40 AM
    Hi Team,

I am trying to monitor the LOG shipping(DC-DR replication) monitoring  for MSSQL , and have enabled the below parameters

Primary Status
    Secondary Status
    Primary Time Since Last Backup
    Secondary Time Since Last Copy
    Secondary Time Since Last Restore
    Secondary Last Restored Latency

In this for the secondary time since last copy & Secondary time since last parameters  i could see the output in minutes which is gradually increased from the time i have enabled monitoring.But the problem is log shipping is scheduled 15 minutes in the sense every 15 minutes the database is copied from primary to secondary..so the graphical value should not be gradually increased, it should decrease every time the data copy happens.Please correct me if i am wrong.Want to understand how this parameter works.Please help on this.

Regards,
    Usha

• 2.  RE: MSSQL Replication monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2019 09:16 AM
    Hi please see the sqlserver probe queries to better understand what the checkpoint is doing.
    you may want to review with your DBA and see if this will meet your needs.
    If not I would suggest working with your DBA to create a custom checkpoint to do what you need it to do.

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=44005

Note: the queries are in the attached download zip file.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: MSSQL Replication monitoring

Posted Jul 05, 2019 10:36 AM
    It seems you raise a valid point.
    From the probe metrics page:
    QOS_SQL_Server_ls_time_since_last_copy Minutes Monitors time in minutes since last copy.
    So, yes, that graph line should be hitting bottom each copy happens, at least seems to me.
    Get the query from the KB Gene provided and run the query to see if it matches the graph.
    There may be something database side that needs to be set for this timer to work.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom