DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

• 1.  CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:13 AM
    Hi All,

Is anyone have done the CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management if yes then can you please share the steps or document.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 2.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:22 AM
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/sdgtw-service-desk-gateway.html

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:29 AM
    Thanks David for your update but this link refer sdgtw probe which will only create an incident in Service Now but i want to integrate Service Now Event Management  which will do the correlation & de-duplication based on some logic then open an incident.

hope you understand the requirement.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 4.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:38 AM
    Ah, OK then a custom solution is needed.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:41 AM
    Yes, do you have any clue to do the same.

• 6.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:42 AM
    Naveen -

The sdgtw probe can be configured to use a custom endpoint for creating incidents in ServiceNow (for example, using event.do instead of incident.do for the ServiceNow endpoint), but the current design of the probe is to send SOAP requests to create, update, and close/resolve incidents in ServiceNow.

If you would like to see functionality to integrate with ServiceNow Event Management to allow ServiceNow to do the correlation/de-duplication processing added to the sdgtw probe, then you would need to open an Enhancement Request by creating an idea for the DX Infrastructure Management Category on the Ideation community page.  Or, as David Michel indicated, you would need a custom solution for this integration.

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 11, 2020 09:53 AM
    Sure Kathy, i will open an enhancement request but that will take more time so i think we can use rest api to pull the event data which i need to explore.

Thanks.

• 8.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2020 10:16 AM
    Naveen Kumar --> I hope, ServiceNow event management can consume SNMP traps and generate events to process further. If you are ok, you can use snmpgtw to forward the traps to ServiceNow.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmpgtw-simple-network-management-protocol-gateway.html

Thank you.
    Rajashekar

• 9.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 27, 2020 03:05 PM
    Naveen,
    As Kathryn mentioned the sdgtw probe -> ServiceNow configuration does allow you to use a custom endpoint like the event.do. I have a customer who configured the integration using the event management endpoint last year. I have another customer that uses their own custom script to integrate UIM alarms with the ServiceNow Event Management for the same reasons that is executed from the AO profile. So it is doable. The best idea is to put in the enhancement request idea though.

[Designation]
    [City]

• 10.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Apr 07, 2020 02:22 PM
    Is there a list of what the custom endpoint could be?  I'm specifically trying to send to SNOW Event Management but using the 'u_events' as given in the documentation is not working.

• 11.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 05:50 PM
    Greg -

The Event web service custom endpoint table name is something you would have to get from your ServiceNow administrator.  By default the probe will use the incident Web Service and the following set of URLs which you should be able to access from a web browser:

Web Service Client URL: https://<service now instance>/incident.do?WSDL
    Web Service Endpoint: https://<service now instance>/incident.do?SOAP

Your ServiceNow administrator should be able to tell you the table name associated with the Event web service configured in your ServiceNow instance which you should be able to access from a web browser at the corresponding URLs:

Web Service Client URL: https://<service now instance>/<custom service table name>.do?WSDL
    Web Service Endpoint: https://<service now instance>/<custom service table name>.do?SOAP

The u_event custom end point name specified in the sdgtw techdoc was used as an example only.  The actual value you would configure depends on what is configured in the ServiceNow instance you are integrating with.

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Apr 07, 2020 07:08 PM
    Hi Greg,
    As Kathy stated, you will have to get the endpoint for the event management from the ServiceNow admin. The one customer I have configured this for, their endpoint was em_event.

[Designation]
    [City]

• 13.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 18, 2020 11:24 AM
    We are using a script in nas AO Profile, type command, to call a Powershell that does an Invoke-Webrequest to the Servicenow Event Management module(.../api/mid/em/jsonv2 API) and passes in the JSON payload the source, node, type, resource, severity, description, time of event, message_key, additional_info.

• 14.  RE: CA UIM integration with ServiceNow Event Management

Posted Feb 19, 2020 02:05 AM
    Hi Dane,
    Thanks for the update that's what I was looking for and it will solve my problem, request you to please share the script if possible.
    my email id naveenkumar@hcl.com

Thanks,
    Naveen