DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Custom probe for adding profiles with passwords to url_response

Posted Jan 10, 2020 05:18 AM
    I'm after some help with creation of a custom probe for creating profiles in url_response. I'm able to add profiles that don't need to use passwords fine but the issue i have is that some of the profiles that i need to get set up have passwords.

the reason for this is we are switching our monitoring from a very out of date system into UIM probes and we have a requirement for users to be able to add their own monitoring. MCS was going to be used but there is to many restrictions that we need to apply as well MCS restrictions. The probe is being written in Java and uses a template to create the profile in url_response. The probe is also using the probe_config_set callback.

------------------------------
    Leam Wright

• 2.  RE: Custom probe for adding profiles with passwords to url_response

Posted Jan 10, 2020 10:04 AM
    The above is really unclear to me, so have to guess that you don't want to have to manually update those profiles that need a password and are looking for guidance as to how to modify your custom probe so it supports passwords???

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Custom probe for adding profiles with passwords to url_response

Posted Jan 10, 2020 10:08 AM
    Sorry, yes that pretty much it in this case.

• 4.  RE: Custom probe for adding profiles with passwords to url_response
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2020 10:54 AM
    OK, not something for me to help with, but based on past experience it will be necessary to provide detailed explanation and code showing what's being done now. Also what code changes that were tried.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom