DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Does cassandra_monitor log4jProperties entry allow logback.xml?

Posted May 06, 2019 03:56 PM

I'm having some issues getting cassandra_monitor working with Cassandra 3.11.  I've modified the raw config as instructed to the proper locations in Setup->Cassandra.  The only thing I can think of is that the log4jProperties entry may not accept the logback.xml file and is requiring a log4j-server.properties file.  The release notes also state that it should be compatible with version 3.9, so that may also be my problem.  Cassandra does not use that .properties file any longer (since 2.1) though.   Has anyone had luck with this? 

• 2.  Re: Does cassandra_monitor log4jProperties entry allow logback.xml?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2019 04:03 PM

Please open a support case and ask for version 1.26 to be supplied from dev.

and referance case 01198262

• 3.  Re: Does cassandra_monitor log4jProperties entry allow logback.xml?

Posted May 08, 2019 01:36 PM

After upgrading to 1.26 of cassandra_monitor, there still seems to be an issue as I am getting the alarms that "cassandra is not running on this node."   In AC, I'm able to expand the Cluster and System nodes, however in cassandra_monitor->robotName->Cassandra->clusterName->nodeName where it lists Binary, Gossip, Incremental Backup, etc. - none of those can be expanded, and selecting them just shows the "space intentionally left blank" text instead of metrics.

raw config: