DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Logmon Command stops running

• 1.  Logmon Command stops running

Posted 03-05-2019 04:25 PM

I've had a logmon command setup to kick off a perl script:

D:\MonPerl\bin\perl.exe C:\PROGRA~1\MYCOMPANY~1\monitor\mail2snmp\mail2snmp\mail2snmp.pl

if script is not exit code 0 - send message mail2snmp custom monitor failed.

This has been in place for years.  Nothing about it changed.  It stopped working (not even an exit code).  The probe didn't error out, it appears it is still running, but it is not.  No exit code.  The log level was increased to 5 and after digging through the log, it seems to run the profile up until the time the script logs say it stopped working.  After that point, I see no evidence from UIM that things are not working right other than the profile is no longer cycling through and running?

My company is running older robots 7.6.2, and the logmon probe is older as well.  As a test, I updated the robot and probe.  That did not help.  I removed the install of the robot and wiped the Nimsoft filesystem free.  I reinstalled.  Same behavior.  I usually get 1 to 2 days of it working.  We have a health check from the script, so when it fails, we know outside of UIM.

Are there any troubleshooting steps I should try?   Have you ever experienced logmon commands to stop working?  I have no other logmon configs on this probe.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Logmon Command stops running

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 03-05-2019 07:29 PM

Hi 

Can check if run command threads is set to default or try with increase .Check if any other similar test scripts work ok on this probe

===

Run Command Threads: defines the maximum number of commands a watcher rule can execute, when the watcher expression matches.

Run as User: allows you to define the user credentials to access directories and files of the host or network system.

User Name (Including domain name): defines the username for the credentials in the following format:

<domain name>/<user name>

Password: defines the password for the specified user name.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/logmon-log-monitoring/logmon-im-configuration

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/logmon-log-monitoring/logmon-troubleshooting#logmonTroubleshooting-UNIXcommandprofilerunsforseveralminutesbutdoesnotreturnanoutput