DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ORACLE RAC Configuration from Admin console

Posted Apr 04, 2019 10:13 AM

Hi ,

I am not able to figure out how this configuration works.

Acc to my understanding all those metrics which are active currently gets added to the profile created after that but this doesn't seam to be the case with me.

So many times i see a specific metric active in probe metrics section but still inactive in node metric !!

Please let me know if there is certain pattern on how the probe works.

Thanks

Anmol

• 2.  Re: ORACLE RAC Configuration from Admin console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2019 11:13 AM

You can open a support case or perhaps this link may help you.

Query regarding oracle RAC configuration in Admin console and its alerting 

• 3.  Re: ORACLE RAC Configuration from Admin console

Posted Apr 04, 2019 11:39 AM

Hi Stephen ,

Thanks for replying.

The Query you have mentioned here prior to version 5.41.

Currently i am using 5.41 and still all the expected behaviours as suggested by Katherine are not working.

I still see many checkpoints not getting automatically active on my RAC node.

Thanks

Anmol 

• 4.  Re: ORACLE RAC Configuration from Admin console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2019 12:54 PM

I have verified that the steps for configuring RAC checkpoints posted to the Query regarding oracle RAC configuration in Admin console and its alerting community page also work for the 5.41 oracle release.

You must first activate the checkpoints that you want to enable under the RAC Command Checkpoints and RAC Specific Checkpoints template nodes before you create any profiles under your RAC connection profile.  Checkpoints under the Checkpoints template node will not be applied to profiles created under RAC connection profiles.  If you create the RAC profile first, then modify the checkpoints under the RAC template nodes, the changes will not be reflected in any existing profiles.  You will have  to delete the existing profile(s), then recreate your RAC profile(s) under the RAC connection profile after you have configured all of the checkpoints in both RAC template nodes.

Oracle probe Configure Page