DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  AD integration with UIM:maximum count of users/groups in LDAP

Posted Oct 11, 2018 04:29 AM

Hey Techies,

Can anyone help me with a query I have with the AD integration with UIM.

1. What is the maximum count of users/groups in LDAP which can be used and which will not impacts performance of the Hub probe?
    2. What can the maximum count of users in one group and what can be the maximum number of such groups we can use for smooth UIM and AD performance.

UIM version: 9.0

• 2.  Re: AD integration with UIM:maximum count of users/groups in LDAP

Posted Oct 12, 2018 03:45 PM

Those numbers are unknown to me, however in regards to performance this may help:

1 Enabling LDAP configuration slows down hub perform - CA Knowledge 

2 Setup a secondary hub to do the authentication, and configure the primary hub to point to it.

Hub IM GUI Reference - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Nimsoft Proxy Hub - The hub can be configured to specify a UIM probe address for login.

This moves the load associated with the LDAP logins from the primary to that secondary hub.

• 3.  Re: AD integration with UIM:maximum count of users/groups in LDAP

Posted Oct 15, 2018 03:49 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestions. this might help me in some way post integration with AD.

However I was looking for some exact count so that we can avoid any such issue post integrations.

But surely your suggestion will help in fixing this specific kind of scenario.