DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP COLLECTOR

Hong Zhi Lin

Hong Zhi LinJul 17, 2018 02:06 AM

• 1.  SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 16, 2018 04:40 AM

I would like to use the template in order to monitored ONLY THE interface for my switch and firewall. However, I am new in this probe and is super slow when I try to load the template. thanks. How shall I go about?

I have refer to the below KB

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmpcollector-snmp-data-monitoring/snmpcollector-ac-configuration/snmpcollector-configure-monitoring-with-templates

• 2.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:44 PM

If you are using UIM 8.5.1, please download and deploy hotfix mps_webapp-8.5.1_HF1

Please deploy the hotfix to the primary hub robot.

The hotfix is downloadable in the below site.

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index - CA Technologies 

• 3.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:06 AM

Hi. What is this mps_webapp-8.5.1_HF1 function?

• 4.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:08 AM

Is to Improved performance opening Admin Console based probe GUI. However, I am using raw config for the snmptcollector

• 5.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:15 AM
    Hi
    You mentioned slow performance to open template in admin console gui
    Mentioned in release notes on hotfix link

mps_webapp-8.5.1_HF1.zip fixes the following issue: - Improved performance opening Admin Console based probe GUI steps:  - import this package into your archive - deploy the package to the UIM primary hub - wasp probe will automatically restart.  This will also be included in UMP 9.0.

• 6.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:18 AM

Hello. However, is only the snmpcollector when opening the config from the probe itself.

• 7.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:22 AM

How shall I use the template itself to monitor just the interface? 

• 8.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:27 AM

Hi 

You can check the template filters for device and interface in the link below

snmpcollector Configure Monitoring with Templates - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Docume… 

• 9.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 18, 2018 01:39 AM

Hi. I have read thru the link and have attach it at the start of the question.

I would like to monitor the power up/down for the interface? But unsure which wan to turn on the monitoring for the interface? 

• 10.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 18, 2018 02:06 AM

You can look at the below two variables in the template if you want to monitor the ifOperStatus or ifAdminStatus of interface 

• 11.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 18, 2018 02:44 AM

Hi. Yup. I have read the above template. which want monitor the power up and down?

• 12.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 05:35 AM

hi

IfAdminStatus metric provides you the value of Administrative Status of interface.

IfOperStatus metric provides you the value of Operational Status of interface.

These are generic in IF-MIB. (Interface MIB)

So you could google for more meaning of these metrics.

• 13.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 19, 2018 03:42 AM

Hi. So do u mean that when I active IfAdminStatus and IfOperStatus it help us to monitored the interface for up and down?

• 14.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 03:54 AM

you are correct.

• 15.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 19, 2018 03:57 AM

Hi. Are you able to locate the documents for me? I could not find much information base on my finding.  

• 16.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 04:32 AM

Hi, I appreciate if you tell us what types of documents you looking for.

• 17.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 19, 2018 04:36 AM

Thank for the prompt replied. Is there any document which can provide the below detail?

IfAdminStatus metric provides you the value of Administrative Status of interface.

IfOperStatus metric provides you the value of Operational Status of interface.

• These would be the states

ifAdminStatus

1 : up

2 : down

3 : testing

IfOperStatus 

1 : up

2 : down

3 : testing

4 : unknown

5 : dormant

6 : notPresent

7 : lowerLayerDown

• 18.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2018 06:43 PM

Both IfAdminStatus and IfOperStatus are more generic MIB variables which describes the state of the interface . A google search would provide you with numerous articles which helps explain what these states are , these are not specific to a monitoring solution or UIM.

Please take a look at the below article which has some details on the states

Net-SNMP 

• 19.  Re: SNMP COLLECTOR

Posted Jul 19, 2018 09:10 PM

Is really very helpful