DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Aug 27, 2018 05:20 PM

Hi,

Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5.

I want to try out modifying the default correlation setting of the configuration to improve correlation in my environment.

Google keeps pointing to the latest 8.51 version Device Correlation Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 2.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Aug 27, 2018 05:33 PM

Corrected the Visibility Location.

The config changes for device correlation is mainly to compensate for special cases. If the desire is to improve device correlation in general, then the thing to do is update to 8.51 SP1 which has discovery_server and discovery_agent 8.52. A main focus of the 8.52 revision was improved correlation.

• 3.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Aug 28, 2018 01:52 AM

Hi David,

Actually I have a special case where the devices are having the same  ip address and hostname just they are monitored by different net_connect probe installed on different robot.

Currently I change the QOS source to the profile name so that I can rename it and display two node in the USM but each node it is showing me two net_connect metrics.

Regards

Guan Hua

• 4.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 04:02 AM

In your senario, do you mean you have 2 different boxes that has the same hostname and same ip address ?

Device correlation control has changed a lot in UIM 8.5.0 era and post 8.5.1 era.

Format in 8.5.0 era is incompatible with format in 8.5.1 era.

• 5.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Aug 28, 2018 09:00 AM

discovery_server > raw configure > device > correlation > defined_correlation_property

under there check the keys with a '+'

expand the + and there will be a excluded_values section where a value to exclude from correlation may be entered.

It should be possible to find a value there that can be used to correct the correlation problem.

How Does Discovery Correlation Work? - CA Knowledge 

• 6.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:24 AM

Hi GuanHua1378 ,

Any update on this topic? Was the link above helpful?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Octavie

• 7.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Sep 08, 2018 10:18 PM

Hi Octavie,

Not successful in excluding still show me same result as previous stated.

Try adding values to the section discovery_server > raw configure > device > correlation > simple_hostname > excluded_hostnames with example expression "*bar"

Try adding values to the section discovery_server > raw configure > device > correlation > ip_address > excluded_hostnames with example ip range "10.10.10.1-255"

In my correlation section there is 5 sub section I enabled

vm_id

robot_device_id

mac_address

simple_hostnames

ip_address

Regards

Guan Hua

• If I forget to respond to your mail do remind me again ***

• 8.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2018 04:13 PM

As a test add a host name, as in the actual name and not a wild card string, or an actual IP address instead of a range.

• 9.  Re: Where can I find information on configuration for older version discovery server 8.5 on correlation

Posted Sep 13, 2018 03:38 AM

Hi David,

I have taken your advice of the hostname and ip address single static entries it works for my condition.
    I have successful exclude them and now the USM net_connect hostname and ip address with same hostname or ip address is showing the correct metrics mapping on each single node.

Regards
    Guan Hua