DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  llegalArgumentException in casdgtw probe log on ticket creation

Posted Apr 15, 2018 08:31 PM

Hi,

I encounter llegalArgumentException with the alarm message on creating ticket with casdgtw probe.

I Need to manually create the ticket in Service Desk Manager

I am using below

Service Desk Manager version 14.x

Probe casdgtw version 2.51

Uim version 8.5

UMP version 8.5

Nas version 8.42

Below is the sample alarm message

Enterprise (SNMP v2 Trap), SNMP v2 TRAP - 1521779 SUN-ILOM-SYSTEM-MIB::ilomSystemTrapSystemWarning *** SERVER X4-2" "*** Corporation" "1111" "7073164" "*** Corporation" "*** SERVER X4-2" "VVVV" "7073164" "*** Corporation" "Exadata X4-2" "XXXX" "ExXXXXX X4-2" "ExXXX Database Machine X4-2 xlp" ".�..\"+.+.." "System" "SP (Service Processor)" "(Part Number:***

• 2.  Re: llegalArgumentException in casdgtw probe log on ticket creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2018 10:42 PM

exception is caused by some unprintable characters where string fetching function (in probe) not well handling for.

ask ca support for possible actions. i think the best probe behavior is to trim that off before processing.

• 3.  Re: llegalArgumentException in casdgtw probe log on ticket creation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2018 11:05 PM

you may just want to ask ca support the same feature for your probe.

nsdgtw AC Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Set or modify the following fields in the General Configuration section:

• (nsdgtw v1.23 only) Discard Invalid Characters: allows you to remove invalid characters in CA UIM alarms before generating the CA NSD incident.
      Default: Not selected 

• 4.  Re: llegalArgumentException in casdgtw probe log on ticket creation

Posted Apr 16, 2018 04:42 AM

Hi Yu,

Thanks. Have created the idea Proved discard invalid characters feature for casdgtw probe .

• 5.  Re: llegalArgumentException in casdgtw probe log on ticket creation

Posted May 12, 2018 01:56 AM

Although this is off the question,I would like to add partial of the resolution to my problem.

Since the alarm was generated from snmptd probe alarm I use the snmptd troubleshooting which is able to resolve this issue.

Non-alphanumeric characters are not converted in alarm messages

Symptom:

The probe converts only alphanumeric characters. Special characters with ASCII value between 32 and 255 (both included) such as ESC (for Escape) are not available.

Solution:

Do the following:

1. Go to the Raw Configure section of the snmptd probe.
    2. Set the value of the VariableToHex option as yes.
      Default: no
    3. Restart the probe.

The printable characters now include all ASCII printable characters between 32 and 255 (both included).