DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  AIX "InternalAlarm: Unable to get CPU data (temporarily out of resources)"

Posted Apr 18, 2018 07:53 PM

Hello. I am getting, "InternalAlarm: Unable to get CPU data (temporarily out of resources)" for a few of our AIX servers. I've tried multiple versions of CDM with no luck. The only solutions I have found are for windows.

Any known solutions for AIX? 

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: AIX "InternalAlarm: Unable to get CPU data (temporarily out of resources)"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 09:34 PM

Download and deploy cdm v6.30

http://support.nimsoft.com/Files/Archive/00003/cdm-6.30.zip

In cdm, via Raw Configure add the following parameter and value.

<cpu> section of cdm

Add a new key if it does not exist with the following value:

sliced_cpu_interval = 30

Lastly, please also check that the machine's NTP settings are correct and accurate. A few seconds of  drift may cause this issue.

cdm release notes can be referenced at this url:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/cdm-cpu-disk-memory-performance-monitoring/cdm-cpu-disk-memory-performance-monitoring-release-notes

Under Fixed Defects you will see:

The probe reported frequent internal errors for CPU and Memory on AIX 6.1 and 7.1. Support Case Number: 00803946

• 3.  Re: AIX "InternalAlarm: Unable to get CPU data (temporarily out of resources)"

Posted Apr 19, 2018 11:31 AM

Thanks for your response Stephen.

I'm currently running 6.30 but still receiving this error. I did try to changed the sliced_cpu_interval from 1 to 30 but it did not seem to help. As for the NTP settings, everything looks fine.

We have a few AIX boxes that are reporting this issue. I will open up a case and go from there.

Thanks again for the info.