DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  High performance only with page and 3 portlet (USM)

Posted Nov 28, 2018 11:44 AM

Hi all.

Dear, is normal that a page with 3 portlet (Custom USM, only with alarm option) take 42 seconds in appear data?

• 2.  Re: High performance only with page and 3 portlet (USM)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 11:51 AM

most likely this will be a function of the performance of the backend SQL server you are using.

might want to have your DBA check index fragmentation on the nas_* tables and the cm_* tables.

I am not sure how large your environment is but you may want to look at alarm governance as well as 2000 open alarms seems a little high especially since some of them have counts in the thousands.

• 3.  Re: High performance only with page and 3 portlet (USM)

Posted Nov 28, 2018 03:46 PM

I'd be very happy with 42 second load times....

That said, check to make sure that your browser is set with enough cache to keep the flash objects from one usage to the next and that the cache is being used. Typically first load is slow but subsequent loads are faster.

Also make sure that your UMP server has enough RAM and wasp is configured to use it. There are issues with too small and too large but in my case the sweet spot was around 10GB for wasp. Set in raw configure, startup->opt

• 4.  Re: High performance only with page and 3 portlet (USM)

Posted Nov 28, 2018 03:49 PM

Oh, and you don't mention the versions you are using but there's a hotfix for the nas_api_service

It's release notes are:

Package: nas-api-service 8.51
    Release Date: 01-25-2017

Issues resolved:

- improved performance retrieving alarms to display in USM
    - resolves an issue where alarm status in USM reverts to "all green" every few minutes
    - improved performance displaying large amounts of historic alarms

This should be deployed to the primary hub. It will not appear as an installed probe, but runs
    as a service within the Trellis probe.

This package applies to UIM 8.4 or higher only. These issues are resolved in UIM 8.51.

Perhaps that will help.

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index - CA Technologies 

• 5.  Re: High performance only with page and 3 portlet (USM)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2018 12:31 AM

Hi, Garin. Thank you for the assistance.

I would like to tell one thing.

If this is UIM 8.5.1, ems probe is responsible for providing alarm data to USM, and nas-api-service is no longer coming into the picture.

• 6.  Re: High performance only with page and 3 portlet (USM)

Posted Nov 30, 2018 07:44 AM

Well that would then explain why alarm display, especially through the dashboard portlet or used as a data source, is usually wrong or not working in 8.51. 

So many broken things to keep track of.