DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How do i sync SNMP profiles from Spectrum directly to the snmpcollector probe in UIM?

Posted Sep 04, 2017 10:07 AM

Hi,

i'm trying to integrate Spectrum and UIM, so that i only have to discover devices via Spectrum. This works fine for the most part. My Question has to parts:

1. I want to add devices discovered via Spectrum to a group in UIM, so that i can get a rudimentary monitoring configured on those devices (cpu, memory, interfaces). How do i configure the filter for the group so that i only get devices synced from Spectrum? The monitoring profile is no problem. The only way i can see at the moment, is using a robot just for this, so i can use the origin tag as a differentiator.

2. Is there a way to automatically add the SNMP profiles synced from spectrum to the snmpcollector probe? At the moment i use the probe API to querry the discovery server every half hour, which holds the synced SNMP profiles. I set the "Hours between rediscovery" option in the snmpcollector probe to 1, but this does not seem to do the sync between the discovery server and the snmpcollector probe.

Regards Pascal

• 2.  Re: How do i sync SNMP profiles from Spectrum directly to the snmpcollector probe in UIM?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:10 AM

Hello.

Question 1

I believe this would be a good enhancement request. You could submit Idea for this.

Unfortunately UIM spectrum Gateway does not tag anything which you could use to differenciate if device has been imported from Spectrum Inventory.

Question 2

There is no feature available in SNMPcollector probe to automate "Query Discovery Server" job, however it can be called via probe callback so a script might help you.

<UIM>/bin/pu -u <UIM User> -p <UIM Password> /Domain/Hub/Robot/snmpcollector load_from_discovery_serv

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 3.  Re: How do i sync SNMP profiles from Spectrum directly to the snmpcollector probe in UIM?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:51 AM

I'll open an idea for the first part.

For Question 2. At the moment i use the restfull service for the callback.

curl -H "Authorization: Basic <Token Base64>" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d "{}" http://<UMP_IP>/rest/probe/domain/hub/robot/snmpcollector/callback/load_from_discovery_serv

which requires the webservices_rest  service to be deployed. I'll test the script version, but i would think that would give me the same result.