DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring autofs filesystems

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:35 AM

Has anyone found a reasonable way to monitor autofs type filesystems for disk usage? The cdm probe can see these filesystems but cannot see how much free space is on them, it either reports 0% or 100% free.

The logmon probe cannot perform "less than" or "greater than" logic on the output of command/script so the only other method I see is to bake that logic into a shell script that returns something like 1 for greater then x and 2 for less than x. I'm just checking if someone has found a probe that can do this without all the hassle.

Thanks,

Jordan

• 2.  Re: Monitoring autofs filesystems
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 09:52 AM

Hello Jordan,

The probe does not support monitoring of the following disk types:

(Windows) Automounted devices and removable drive filesystems without blocks or block sizes.
    (Linux) Filesystems without blocks or block sizes or that meet any of the following conditions:
    If /dev is not associated with drives
    If /none is associated with drives
    You can verify the associations using the cat /proc/mounts command on the monitored system.

Better practice would be to monitor diskspace of this devices on their physical servers itself.

Please let me know if this answers the question and mark this thread accordingly.

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 3.  Re: Monitoring autofs filesystems

Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:21 AM

This is helpful, I didn't think about monitoring the filesystems from their actual host. I am using a script/logmon probe combination currently so I think using the cdm probe on the fs hosting server will be a better choice.

Thank you!