DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

does the ews_response probe need a profile to bounce/respond to a test from another ews_response probe?

• 1.  does the ews_response probe need a profile to bounce/respond to a test from another ews_response probe?

Posted Jan 29, 2018 01:10 PM

I have two machines with the ews_response probe on them. One is setup with an exchange account and than has a profile setup to send an email to the account that is setup on the other ews_response probe on the other server. It also has the check mark to Bounce Nimsoft Test email from other sources back to sender. However when I look in the mailboxes I see the emails being sent from response probe 1 to response probe 2 however nothing relaying or bouncing back to probe 1? Should I not see a sent email from probe 2 back to probe 1?

Also that being said probe 2 which is the responder, does not have a profile setup it just has the exchange mailbox username and server name saved in it. I cant find the documentation that actually shows excatly how this use case is supposed to be configured, does anyone have something like this setup or know the answer to what I am trying to achieve?

• 2.  Re: does the ews_response probe need a profile to bounce/respond to a test from another ews_response probe?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2018 10:10 AM

yes profiles have to be setup on both probes for the response to work.

take a look at the below for some general information about the probe:

Using ews_response probe - helpful notes