Currently I have the processes probe configured to alarm on a process if it goes down. By default the alarm is going to be generated as Critical when the process stops running. However, I wish to add an additional process to be monitored but when it goes down, I want the alarm to only be Warning. How can I separate the severities of the two alarms in the processes probe?
You would create a custom warning level message for process down
then setup a message override.
The two processes would be setup in two different profiles
I 've never done this before. Is there a document and describes the steps necessary to accomplish this?
The full documentation for the probe is here:
processes IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation
but there is no step by step to create a new message
So do this
1) go into the probe gui
2) go to the setup tab
3) click on the message pool tab and button
4) find the MsgProcessDown and review settings there. Copy the message text if you want
5) close the default message
6) right click in the message pool and do new.
7) setup a MsgProcessDown2 or MsgProcessDownWarn
8) fill in the message text
9) set the severity
10) do not check the default option
11) setup your profile for the process that needs a warning level message
12) check the box for when process is down to send the alarm
13) go to the messages tab and click new
14) scroll down to find your new message
15) hit apply and restart
hope this helps
Perfect Gene, Thank You. I wish all CA documentation was as simple and as concise as your step by step.