DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  aws probe renames robots with instance ID

Posted Dec 27, 2017 12:44 PM

Can someone from CA who wrote the aws probe please help out here. We have robots running on the aws instances and I am also setting up the aws probe. The probe messes up all the robot names in the UMP and renames all the robot names from say Exchange1 to ip-10-8-10.clientdomain.com. 

Well opened a case and of course ca doesn't have an aws instance to test this out with on their own environment.

The suggestion was to change the EC2 Label Property from Instance ID to Tag Name which I tried doing but does not work. All the robots still got renamed to the instance ID.

I entered all 30 Tags into the probes Admin Console aws config page but then the wiki says to then Configure EC2 tags in the template filter???

Page: aws AC Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Then on the 2nd wiki page that the 1st page directs you to doesn't at all specify how to tell the probe to use the TAGs as the instance name. This is a filter section in the template so it will only apply the monitoring values to the tags that match the filter. That's not what I need.

Has anyone gotten this to work and know of a work around or a way to get this to use or not at all rename the robots to the instance ID's in aws? Anyone have any suggestions here?

• 2.  Re: aws probe renames robots with instance ID
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:28 AM

Hello Daniel, from your support case I can see the following solution:

Changed the order of the entries of the device->reconcilliaton->display_name_priority key in the discovery_server.cfg file to the following:

display_name_priority = "other.RobotName,other.PrimaryDnsName,other.SysName,...

This forces the 8.51 discovery_server probe to use an existing RobotName attribute for correlated devices if the attribute exists in the CM_DEVICE_ATTRIBUTE table.

I´ve marked this question as answered.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support