DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cluster Probe: Communication Error

Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:48 AM

Hello CA Guys,

We are facing some issues with cluster probe.

When we use the cluster probe version 3.42 for monitoring a cluster of Windows Shared Volumes, always we got some communication error in some server of the cluster. Always, in some moment... could be during the configuration, could be after...but, always got communication error and because of it the cdm probe lose all configuration (I do not know why?!)

On December of 2017, CA release version 3.43 with the following note: 

WOW! We thought, we got all issues solved now! 

The version 3.43 does not have communication issue, it is true. But, we got a new issue. 

The version 3.43 does not see Shared Volumes (LUNs)

Let me explain, if you are using 3.42 and deploy a update only of version 3.43, the new probe will work for some minutes, but the LUNs will vanish from configurations. 

figure with version 3.42

figure with version 3.43

If you install cluster probe 3.43 from the start, from zero. The probe does not allow to use Shared Volume, only Microsoft Cluster - then you do not have LUNs on GUI.

In summary, I cannot use version 3.42 because we got error of communication and we cannot use version 3.43 because we does not see the LUNs on GUI. Please, help me! I am really tired to try a lot of scenarios and probe versions.

CA UIM 8.20

HUB Version: 7.70

Controller Version: 7.93

Cluster Version: 3.42, 4.43

CDM Version: 5.61, 5.80, 6.10, 6.20 

I did the followed KB, but got the same scenario 

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Cluster Probe: Communication Error

Posted Jan 26, 2018 01:10 PM

Ideas? Someone?

• 3.  Re: Cluster Probe: Communication Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Hi Jean,

Development is not aware of this issue. Please open a support case to have this investigated.

Thanks,

Lawrence Atlas
    Sr Support Engineer

• 4.  Re: Cluster Probe: Communication Error

Posted Mar 14, 2018 01:23 PM

Jean ,   I faced this issue for some servers ,after adding robot IP in robot .cfg it resolved ..because cluster probe was trying to communicate with cluster heart beat ip .Try this once whether it helps