DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  SNMPCollector Template Editor Question

Posted Nov 17, 2017 09:47 AM

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a way not to get metrics of the interfaces without a description by using a filter in snmpcollector's template editor.

From what I have tested, if I use ifAlias => [Condition="Not Equals", Value=""] or ifDescr => [Condition="Not Equals", Value=""], all interfaces are excluded, whether they have a description or not.

snmpcollector version is 3.41

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: SNMPCollector Template Editor Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 02:49 AM

Hello Marius,

have you created a device filter before you created the metric family filter ?

Please refer to the documentation:

Note: A device filter must exist before you can create a metric family filter.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmpcollector-snmp-data-monitoring/snmpcollector-ac-configuration/snmpcollector-configure-monitoring-with-templates

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 3.  Re: SNMPCollector Template Editor Question

Posted Nov 20, 2017 03:55 AM

Hello,

Yes, I have created a device filter. There were several rules for the interface filter. For example  ifAlias => [Condition="Does not Contain", Value="Disabled"]. And this condition works when the above condition is not present.

• 4.  Re: SNMPCollector Template Editor Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2017 10:21 AM

Marius Nitu try using regex:

the expression /.*/ matches any character any number of times

This way every interface with an empty description shouldn't match the filter

• 5.  Re: SNMPCollector Template Editor Question
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 24, 2017 07:48 AM

Hello!

It does not seem to be working with your regex expression. All interfaces are returned, even those with no descriptions.

This is what worked in the end:

ifAlias => [Condition="Regex", Value="^(?!\s*$).+"]

Thanks!