DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  CDM Probe Alarm

Posted May 27, 2017 04:22 PM

Hi All,

Can some one help me understand that does Qos interval plays any role for the alarm in cdm probe? Yesterday I changed the qos value to 1 from 10 in the cdm configuration and I start getting the alarm with in 5 mins.

Thanks,

Mayank

• 2.  Re: CDM Probe Alarm
    Best Answer

Posted May 28, 2017 07:52 PM

As per the doc ...

QoS Interval (Multiple of 'Interval'): specifies the monitoring interval between each sample collection for QoS information. For example, If the interval is set to 5 minutes and number of samples is set to 5, the average CPU utilization for the last 25 minutes is displayed in the QoS message.

Note: If “the value is greater than 1, the probe only calculates the average data for CPU monitoring. For disk, memory, and paging QoS messages, the probe generates the QoS messages with the current value. The probe only uses the QoS Interval to reduce the frequency of QoS messages. 

So,  the number selected in "QoS Interval (Multiple of 'Interval')" is multiplied by the "Interval" to determine how often the QoS is sent.If the interval is set to 5 min and QoS interval is 1, then the QoS will be sent every 5 minutes.