DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Net_connect probe

Posted Sep 14, 2017 03:49 PM

Hi All,

I am trying to get the Net_connect probe to alert just on ping (icmp) when the probe loses contact with another device. I have gone through the documentation with a fine tooth comb, and have enabled all possible settings. But, we just can't get the probe to generate an alert to the alarm screen.  The qos appears to be registering fine, but where there is a break in the qos when the device being polled stops pinging,  there's no alarm.  Whats up ??????????

TIA

• 2.  Re: Net_connect probe

Posted Sep 14, 2017 06:27 PM

there isn't much to it, check the box 'Generate alarm', enter Timeout & Failed intervals values.

The drnimbus message sniffer can be run at the primary and filtered to that robot and probe to see what messages are coming through.

The probe can be configured for log level 5 and it should if an alarm is being generated or if there is a failure to.

• 3.  Re: Net_connect probe

Posted Sep 14, 2017 07:12 PM

The Dr Nimbus says alarm, but nothing in the alarm screen.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• 4.  Re: Net_connect probe

Posted Sep 14, 2017 06:36 PM

Yeah, I have all that set already. Turned on DR Nimbus put in the robot and probe and I get nothing.

• 5.  Re: Net_connect probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 07:34 PM

Is the "Required Topology Fault Correlation Rule" nas Auto Operator Preprocessing rule in place and active in your nas?  This rule is installed and active with the initial nas install on your primary hub.  It makes all net_connect probe alarms invisible.  If that is the case, then if you Show Invisible alarms in your alarm window, the ping fail alarms should be displayed.  This all assumes that the probe is generating these alarms (which should be visible in DrNimbus).

• 6.  Re: Net_connect probe

Posted Sep 14, 2017 07:58 PM

Thanks Kathy, Thats probably it. I'll check it out in the Morning.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device