DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  NTEVL Probe Regular Expression

Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:03 AM

Hi,

I am trying to configure monitoring in ntevl probe to for a specific text in the event message. I wanted to make this case insensitive as I am not sure if the text comes in upper case or lower case or a combination of them. I did try this way which I am not sure is working. Can  someone help me here?

Regex:*?i(Text_String)*

Is this correct? When I tried it in the nas editor it again did not give me the expected results. Any suggestions here please?

-Ananda

• 2.  Re: NTEVL Probe Regular Expression
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:08 AM

please see the below regex KB

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC000003499.html 

below is an example that should work.

/(?i).*Test\sAlarm.*/   

• 3.  Re: NTEVL Probe Regular Expression

Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:14 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the help. And I just wanted to understand if this regex will work on the ntevl probe as well? I am asking this because there were scenarios where a regex worked in nas however not on other probes.

-Ananda

• 4.  Re: NTEVL Probe Regular Expression

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:19 AM

• 5.  Re: NTEVL Probe Regular Expression

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:12 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Gene,

I did test this with the regex and it did not give me the result. Also, to verify I created another profile matching the exact case and found that the alert matches for the second one ( the one with the exact case)

-Ananda

• 6.  Re: NTEVL Probe Regular Expression

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:24 PM

You would need to attach your .cfg file with the configuration and then a sample of the message you are trying to use to provide any further feed back.

or you can open a support case and they will be glad to help you with this as well