DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to find my VAIM and AIM servers and agents

Posted Jan 24, 2017 04:22 PM

I have a client that did not create documentation on where their VAIM servers were located.  The person that had this information left without leaving any of this information behind.   They are running Spectrum Ver 9.3.0 and UIM 8.3    Over 10,000 servers in a MSP setting.   

Can someone point me in the right direction how to find the VAIM servers using Spectrum or UIM?  Time is of the essence so I thought I'd ask here first.

Any help would be appreciated. thx

• 2.  Re: How to find my VAIM and AIM servers and agents

Posted Jan 24, 2017 05:45 PM

If these servers are being managed by Spectrum then you can run a query from the Locator tab in OneClick. Try the queries below "Virtual Host Management" folder .

Also look for devices of type SystemEDGE Host

• 3.  Re: How to find my VAIM and AIM servers and agents

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 12:08 AM

Hi,

You can also connect to one of your SystemEDGE Agents and open sysedge.cf file from the port1691 or port161 directory and find the agent's reporting VAIM manager from the "manager_name" entry which will be present at the bottom section of the file. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Samad

• 4.  Re: How to find my VAIM and AIM servers and agents

Posted Feb 14, 2017 09:59 AM

You should also check the SNMP trap destinations. If your predecessor set up VAIM with separate domain and distribution servers, then only the distribution servers will show in the manager_name line. Traps will be sent to the domain server, not the distribution servers. (Note that the domain server can also be a distribution server.)