DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM: Best ways to generate Group Trend Report for last 30 days ?

Posted Mar 28, 2017 09:44 PM

Hello All,

Can someone please suggest what is the best way to generate a trend report for a bunch of servers (150 Servers) for CPU Utilisation / Memory Utilisation using the raw data for last 30 days ?

I am having tough time configuring a report with raw data for last 30 days as the only simple way I see is using the performance report designer , but the console freezes once I select the duration of 30 days , so its pretty useless 

End result - I need to export this data in a csv format  for last 30 days for either CPU utilisation or Memory utilisation for 150 servers 

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

• 2.  Re: UIM: Best ways to generate Group Trend Report for last 30 days ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:56 AM

Hello Phani,

the documentation does point to the Performance behavior for Trend reports when large amount of data is processes:

Considerations and Requirements for Trend and Group Trend Reports - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5.1 - CA Te… 

Report Rendering Time

Trend reports using large quantities of data can take several minutes to load

So do you have enough free disk space and also memory available on this server ? How long have you waited for the report to be generated ?  How many data will be processed ?

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 3.  Re: UIM: Best ways to generate Group Trend Report for last 30 days ?

Posted Apr 05, 2017 07:26 PM

Hi Britta,

I was actually using the performance report designer to generate this trend report, may be it is not the right option for longer duration. Yes I do have enough resources on the system

Also the  Group Trend Report dosent allow you to choose more than 10 elements at a time .

Are there any better ways of running group trend reports for large set of devices at a time ?