• 1.  Parameters need to be monitor

Posted May 04, 2017 08:25 AM

Hi Team,

PFA, here am attaching a zip file .

In that zip file some excel sheets are their , mentioned below

1) windows services

2) Linux services

3) DB parameter.

Check and can anyone explain, what are all the services and DB parameter that we can monitor from CA and what are all the services that we cant monitor from CA.

Whether we can monitor all these things from CA. If we can monitor then how we will do the same??

What are all the probes or things that are require to monitor different - different services of different different servers (Windows/Linux)???

How we will configure and where we will configure these many services to monitor for a particular server??

• 2.  Re: Parameters need to be monitor

Posted May 04, 2017 09:29 AM

Yes you can monitor the services through UIM probes.

NT-services,processes -windows 

processes-Linux

For DB ->based upon flavor you can deploy the probe and monitor 

Alphabetical Probe Articles - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Parameters need to be monitor

Posted May 05, 2017 12:23 AM

HI Thanks for your reply,

what are all the parameter services (Windows or Linux) i wan to monitor, i have attached in that zip file.

Now my ques. is

1) What are all the name of probes that we used to monitor both window and Linux serveries.

2) what are all the things that we configure in those probes?? Simply How we will configure that probes.

Do u Have video links for the same or any other things.

From where i can get exact idea , how i will add and configure the probes for services

• 4.  Re: Parameters need to be monitor
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2017 12:59 AM

1) What are all the name of probes that we used to monitor both window and Linux serveries.

As  mentioned above 

Use NT-services probe for services monitoring ,processes probe for process monitoring on windows 

Use process probe for service and process monitoring in Linux

2) what are all the things that we configure in those probes?? Simply How we will configure that probes.

Please open the below link and search for the probe you wish to configure and it has detailed instructions on how to configure 

Alphabetical Probe Articles - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

There are many videos available on YouTube, please try below

Educate - YouTube