DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA UIM (Nimsoft) Ticketing Software - ConnectWise

Posted Jan 25, 2017 12:52 PM

Hi,

My company is in the process researching ConnectWise for our ticketing software, and their website states that they support Nimsoft.  After speaking with a ConnectWise Sales manager, it seems the "magic" happens on the Nimsoft side.

I found the connectwise_gateway probe, but it seems to not be your typical probe that is QA’ed by the CA/Nim Dev team.  It was created by a field engineer. The connectwise probe is not readily available in the archive either, but I did locate it, here:  https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec000004113.html

It appears to currently not be supported by CA (i.e. new releases, fixes, enhancements, documentation, etc.).  

If this probe is currently not receiving updates/enhancements/etc., does anyone have any insight on whether or not CA will eventually support it?

Also, does anyone have any info on the implementation process of setting up CA UIM to send alerts to ConnectWise?  Or is there anyone out there that is using CW for your ticketing software?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris A.

• 2.  Re: CA UIM (Nimsoft) Ticketing Software - ConnectWise

Posted Jan 27, 2017 07:20 PM

It turns out the ConnectWise probe is out in the Nimsoft Archive after-all.  It's just located under the 'Partner Developed' tab.  The CA Support engineer I spoke with also stated that the 'connectwisegtw' probe is NOT supported by CA.  The only support option would be to reach out to the Community.

I'll go ahead and leave this question as unanswered for now in hopes to get some/any feedback from someone that may be utilizing ConnectWise as their ticketing software. 

Thanks,

Chris A.

• 3.  Re: CA UIM (Nimsoft) Ticketing Software - ConnectWise

Posted Aug 02, 2017 12:00 PM

Is CA Technologies going to pickup development for gateway probes for the top ticketing solutions used? If not, I cannot see myself recommending that our company continue to invest in CA UIM/UMP when our current agreement ends. The lack of continued development of this product/solution that used to be Nimsoft is getting ridiculous!