DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

• 1.  Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Jul 26, 2017 03:25 AM

Are there plans to replace Flash on NFA with HTML5?

• 2.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Jul 26, 2017 08:21 AM

Flash has been an integral component of using NFA Omar, so I think it's unlikely.

However, lets wait and see if we can get a response from CA Product management or perhaps a CA architect who may have been asked this before by another customer and who may know if there are any plans in the future.

• 3.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Jul 26, 2017 08:23 AM

Well, given that FLASH is EOL, they don’t have a choice.

• 4.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Jul 26, 2017 09:04 AM

Yes, it should be replaced. Some browsers disallow flash already (For a good reason) 

• 5.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Jul 27, 2017 11:52 AM

Hi,

Adobe announced Flash to be totally out of support for 2020. Microsoft already announced that they will drop total support of Flash in IE and Edge at the same time. And for Chrome And Mozilla they are already working to drop flash very soon (with no comeback possible for the user).

Best Regards,

Thomas

• 6.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2017 12:18 PM

Replacing Flash has been on our "roadmap" for future NFA versions for some time. We don't have a specific ETA on this.

• 7.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Jul 27, 2017 12:36 PM

Hi Kahlil,

Given the timelines from Google, and Microsoft, it would be nice to see some sort of official statement and/or game plan from CA on this potential issue.

• 8.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 01:38 AM

There is a plan to use Light Weight Dashboards (LWDB) to see NFA metrics, this is done as part of Operational Intelligence platform where NFA data would be fed to Elastic and consumed via Kibana/LWDB.

This will also replace Flash dependency in NFA UI. 

• 9.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Aug 29, 2017 04:59 AM

Sounds really interesting but how far is this away?

This means there will be a major redesign of the nfa in the near future?

• 10.  Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Aug 31, 2017 06:37 AM

Do you have any timeframe to share with us? I'm very interested!!!

• 11.  RE: Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:47 AM
    Any updates on this front?  I know this is an ancient thread, but the clock is ticking on Flash...

• 12.  RE: Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Mar 27, 2020 09:34 AM
    Have a look at this roadmap presentation, they answer is yes but not soon

https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/11217/385308?utm_campaign=communication_reminder_24hr_registrants&utm_medium=email&utm_source=brighttalk-transact&utm_content=thumb

------------------------------
    Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic

• 13.  RE: Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Mar 27, 2020 01:34 PM
    I watched this - I think that my favorite quote from this presentation is "It's all oblivious to you"

But in sum total, I'm not sure the gentleman presenting had any idea what is really needed.

Certainly he has never used the product in anything other than a lab environment.

At about 28 minutes in he says that Broadcom will not update the existing flash impacted parts of the product but will instead replace with other solutions. Like CABI. This is completely unacceptable.

So, as part of my support contract, do I get services to port the current configuration to this new world? 

And when does Broadcom deliver all the "alternative UI" pieces to me? The presentation says that I need AIOps to replace the flash based portlets. He says I will get the "same capabilities" this way. I find that unlikely but when does it happen?

• 14.  RE: Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2020 03:13 PM
    Hey Josh, the plan is to have most of the NFA Flash Admin pages built into CAPC now known as Netops Portal version 20.2 which is due out within the next few months.  I know you may have heard this before, but we have actively been working with Dev and Product Management and they are committed to it.  There should be some official documentation/notification coming out soon.

If you only have NFA, you will need to install only CAPC which requires only 1 RedHat server and is a fairly easy installation. 

The link below has the prerequisites:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/performance-management/3-7/installing/prepare-to-install-performance-center.html

The link below has the installation instructions:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/performance-management/3-7/installing/install-performance-center.html

You only need to install the Performance Center component, you can ignore anything in that guide that mentions Data Aggregator as that is not necessary for NFA purposes.

Once it is installed, you log in to the website with http://<servername>:8181 and go to the Admin->Data Sources page to add NFA as a data source as documented in the link below:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/performance-management/3-7/administrating/manage-data-sources/configure-a-data-source.html

• 15.  RE: Re: Will Flash be replaced on NFA?

Posted Apr 03, 2020 05:04 AM
    Christopher

Looking at the Install requirements for the Performance centre product it says that "flash is required to be installed on the browser to be able to use the product" so this does not seem to be a solution to the no flash question that is being asked here or did I miss something?

Thanks, Andrew

Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic