DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Linux Process age monitoring

Posted Jun 29, 2017 05:21 AM

Hi All,

Can I monitor process age using processes probe.  I have problem with some of the scheduled job which are not die automatically after their execution. Hence I need to monitor the process table and kill manually if such job found. 

Can someone please help me with finding suitable probe for search and check age of the process and alert me. 

• 2.  Re: Linux Process age monitoring
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 29, 2017 08:25 PM

One way to achieve this is by using the process probe . 

Create a Schedule in the process probe to look for a process after the schedule job run time and assign the schedule to the process profile . 

For example the schedule job you are referring to might be running at specific time of the day , say 10 AM to 11 AM after which it should be terminated,  if not you need to get alerted .  Create a schedule to look for the process after the schedule time , like 11:05 AM and assign it to the process profile so that the profile gets activated after the schedule job run time. If the process still exists , it will send you a alert based on which you can take an action .

Hope this helps 

• 3.  Re: Linux Process age monitoring

Posted Jul 12, 2017 06:28 AM

I would potentially suggest to use the logmon probe to run something like

ps -o etimes= -p "$pid"

And retrieve the number of seconds since it started and do a watcher rule on this with autoexecution of a command to kill the process if needed.