DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM DB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP

Posted May 09, 2017 05:30 AM

In my new deployment, i have installed primary hub successfully, however when i access Admin Console, it says username & password incorrect. However the credentials work for Infrastructure Manager.  i tried restarting the wasp probe with no luck. i saw the below errors on wasp probe logs :-

May 09 17:16:06:257 FATAL [Thread-1, nis_server] com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The server UIM_SQL is not configured to listen with TCP/IP.
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:208)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.service.nis.CiImporter.run(CiImporter.java:73)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.service.nis.Probe$1.run(Probe.java:136)

However on my Cluster SQL Server end, the TCIP is enabled.

• 2.  Re: UIM DB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2017 10:16 AM

This is probably more of a DB setup issue than a UIM connectivity issue, however I may be able to provide some guidance.

SQL instances can be configured to only listen on Named Pipes and ignore TCP/IP connection requests.  The place where you configure that is in the SQL Server Configuration Manager (not SQL Server Management Studio).  You would want to take a look at the SQL Server Network Configuration section and ensure that the correct protocols are enabled for the instance that your UIM is connecting to.

Here is a tech doc on Microsoft's website to give more in depth details on that process

Enable TCP/IP Network Protocol for SQL Server

• 3.  Re: UIM DB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP

Posted May 10, 2017 10:33 PM

Hi David,

i have already enabled the TCP/IP to enabled on my SQL Server.

• 4.  Re: UIM DB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP

Posted May 12, 2017 04:40 AM

I was able to solve the issue. seems during installation, you need not specify the DB named instance for the Database Details. Data source should be only SQL Server Name. After updating the data_engine probe & restarting the Primary Hub Server the issue got resolved.