DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Exchange Monitor (Growth limit)

Posted Feb 06, 2017 10:58 AM

Hello friends,

I want an orientation of who uses the option (Growth limit) of probe of exchange_monitor.

My goal is to monitor if an email box has reached 1GB capacity, for example. Because these email boxes are set to endless.

So, I have specified:

Growth limit on each iteration: 500 KB

Iterations of growth before size alarm is issued: 1

Check only mailboxes with size greater than: 1000000 KB

If the email box has a value less than 1000000 KB and is growing, when it reaches 1000000 KB and grows 500KB only once, an alarm will be generated.

NOTE: The alarm is generated and then, if there is no addition, the alarm disappears.

It is?

If so, then if I have email box above 1000000 KB, will not alarm be generated because the email box is already over the limit? Or should it alarm the next growth?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Exchange Monitor (Growth limit)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:27 PM

The way I understand this feature is you are basically check for rapid growth only.

This does not alarm on a set SIZE of mail box.

You can tell it to only check mailboxes OVER a certain size limit. IE only check mail boxes over 1 gig in size.

the mail box alone being over 1 Gig in size will not cause this alarm to generate anything.

the growth is how much can be added to a mailbox between pollings before this alarm will be generated.

So if the mailbox is 1Gig in size and you set this to alarm on growth of 500mb if the mailbox grows by 500 MB you will see this alarm.

but if the mailbox only grows by 100 MB even through the size of the mailbox is no1.1 Gigs there will be no alarm.

hope this helps clarify.