DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Chrome 55, which the web giant plans to release in December, will replace Flash with HTML5, Google said

• 1.  Chrome 55, which the web giant plans to release in December, will replace Flash with HTML5, Google said

Posted Aug 11, 2016 10:28 AM

Hi,

Does USM still need flash? When we can expect USM support HTML5?Charlie_Wells

Google to push Flash closer to extinction with new version of Chrome - CNET

• 2.  Re: Chrome 55, which the web giant plans to release in December, will replace Flash with HTML5, Google said

Posted Aug 15, 2016 10:28 AM

Any comment on my questions?

• 3.  Re: Chrome 55, which the web giant plans to release in December, will replace Flash with HTML5, Google said

Posted Aug 15, 2016 04:38 PM

I'm also interested to hear when this will happen, but I did want to point out one bit of information missing from the CNET article.  In the original Google blog post (linked within the article), Google explains that HTML5 will be preferred over flash, but websites that do not have an HTML5 capable option will still be able to run Flash, users will just need to tell the browser to allow the plugin to run. 

I believe this will lead to user frustration if they have to enable the plugin every time the page is loaded so hopefully the HTML5 replacement is getting close.