DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring the server time

Posted Dec 21, 2016 12:00 PM

Folks, I was wanting to monitor the server time to when if it is wrong one alarm to trigger. all of us know that the UIM do not do that. So, does somebody have some idea?maybe programming a script .bat may throw in log to the logmon probe capture.What do you think?

Regards!!

• 2.  Re: Monitoring the server time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 07:19 AM

Why would you not setup ntp or some type of time sync for the server and then monitor that process rather than just checking to see if the system time was off from a time source?

• 3.  Re: Monitoring the server time

Posted Dec 31, 2016 10:07 AM

Gene,

Whether ntp probe has a capable of getting the offset value from robot to ntp sever. (time difference from server to ntp server)

• 4.  Re: Monitoring the server time

Posted Dec 31, 2016 11:03 PM

The big problem is finding a source for the right time. The get_info controller callback will return the time from the robot you are testing. you can write a LUA script to do the callback against the tested robot and a second callback against a server that has a reliable time compare those results. I have done this and it works for a small number of robots. 

-Garin

• 5.  Re: Monitoring the server time

Posted Oct 17, 2017 04:11 AM

i have the same issue ... can someone please share a script that can do this type of monitoring ?