DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  clear message for custom checkpoint on sql probe

Posted May 25, 2016 03:42 AM

Hi,

I have added a custom checkpoint on sqlserver probe to raise an alarm in case tablespace is under 15% or 5% . How can I manage the clear of the alarm on console?

thank you

• 2.  Re: clear message for custom checkpoint on sql probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 11:01 AM

Hi,

I checked the documentation and case history and could not find any method for doing this.

It would look like this needs to be added on our idea wall as an enhancement request.

• 3.  Re: clear message for custom checkpoint on sql probe
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2016 11:25 AM

Hi,

I have created few custom parameters and been managing the clear alerts as well. You can modify your alerting message to just accommodate the string 'checked and cleared'. For instance,

I alert this way, Profile $profile, instance $instance, buffer cache hit-ratio ($Cache_Hit_Ratio) is too low

and clear by this way, Profile $profile, instance $instance, buffer cache hit-ratio ($Cache_Hit_Ratio) is examined and cleared

A clear alert will be issued when the threshold condition is met.

Just ensure you define a new message profile and select that under the clear message drop down. Hope this helps.

-kag

• 4.  Re: clear message for custom checkpoint on sql probe

Posted May 25, 2016 11:38 PM

As Anand mentioned, clear alarm message should also have the set of variables so that the probe would create a clear alarm with same suppression key to that of the actual alarm and when the clear alarm comes to NAS, NAS would clear the existing alarm since it has suppression key.