DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Missing device id? (discovery_server)

Posted Nov 14, 2015 11:49 AM

Hey guys,

Problem started with that I couldn't find 4 robots in UMP from a specific remote HUB.

After alot of troubleshooting, I found in the discovery_server log, the message:

"Skipping robot with missing device id. robot address: .... <the missing robots>"

So, I know there is ways to fix this if there's duplicated device ID. But what do I do if they are missing? I guess re-installing the robots would, but I hope I don't have to.
    When checking the database in NAS_ALARMS, when I had an active alarm for one of these robots, the dv_id and met_id had the value NULL.

So the alarm thing is working, but I need the device ID's, to get my robots in to the UMP.

• 2.  Re: Missing device id? (discovery_server)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 03:21 PM

• 3.  Re: Missing device id? (discovery_server)

Posted Nov 15, 2015 10:00 PM

Hi Silvio,

thx for your answer!

Yes, I've read that article, but that's only for duplictaed dev_id?

Btw... the robot's are IBMi (iSeries/as400). Might be harder to fix this problem because of that. I'm not sure.

The thing is that the niscache for these robot's are empty, all the time. I've done all other steps in that article though, with restarts on the nimsoft service ("endsbs nimbus" on IBMi), and restart av discovery_server and nis_server. Still same thing.