DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA NPC console not displaying as expected

Posted Nov 12, 2016 12:42 AM

Hi,

I have just installed CA NPC 6.2, however after installing, the console is not displaying as expected in any browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox). All things in the web page are messed up.

Kindly suggest if any particular version of the browser is required or anything need to setup in the browser.

--Ketan

• 2.  Re: CA NPC console not displaying as expected

Posted Nov 13, 2016 05:58 PM

Hi Ketan, do you have a screenshot to illustrate the problem with the web page in NPC? Have you noticed anything in the installation logs? How is IIS setup?

• 3.  Re: CA NPC console not displaying as expected

Posted Nov 14, 2016 01:28 AM

Hi Marlos,

Please find below screenshot for Firefox.

I also tried for IE and Chrome however the same problem occurred there also and if I click on ignore Warning and Resume and login on the console

it looks like:

Nothing abnormal appears in the installation log.

--Ketan

• 4.  Re: CA NPC console not displaying as expected

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2016 10:44 AM

What is the OS Version that you installed NPC on?

Were all of the pre-reqs installed including IIS 6 Compatibility Mode and COM+

Supported Operating System - CA NetQoS Performance Center - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: CA NPC console not displaying as expected
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 11:49 AM

As Chris mentioned, check the IIS prereqs. This looks similar to the problem documented in the following NFA Tech Doc:

http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1602677.html

• 6.  Re: CA NPC console not displaying as expected

Posted Dec 05, 2016 12:41 AM

Yes, all the IIS role services were not correctly installed. Installation of all the role services resolved the issue.

• 7.  Re: CA NPC console not displaying as expected

Posted Dec 05, 2016 06:19 AM

Hi Ketan

NPC 6.2 has always been very particular with regard to the IIS settings - it is getting even more so as things move through Win2008 to Win2012 - IIS 7+ and .Net 4.6+ in particular. 

If you get all the pre-reqs lined up, it will work, but that is not always a simple task.  I have followed apparently the same process on 3 apparently equivalent Win2012 builds and got 3 different outcomes - only one successful first time round.  In the end, all were resolved but a lot of stripping back and starting again in terms of Windows Server Roles and Features.

Glad you got it sorted in the end J