DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Command type profile in AO

Posted Jul 20, 2016 03:52 PM

I'm looking to run a powershell script from a command type profile in AO. Where will it be looking for the script if entered on the command string line?

Also what parameters can be passed. I looked at the $ variables available, those?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Command type profile in AO

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2016 04:16 PM

Hey Michael,

Here's some good info for you:

NAS script editor - The nas Script Editor - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation

NAS command line interface - The nas Command Interface - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation

Those pages should show you what variables can be used and how to define them.

The actual script txt file is stored in the $PATH\Nimsoft\probes\service\nas\scripts\ directory.

Hope that helps!

• 3.  Re: Command type profile in AO

Posted Jul 21, 2016 10:46 AM

Phillip

Thanks for the info. If I understand the doc about the command it can only call a LUA script. Is that correct?  If so we need to shell out to a PowerShell script and pass the robot name parameter. Possible?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Command type profile in AO
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2016 10:51 AM

The NAS AO "script" action can only run the LUA scripts mentioned in the location above.

The "command" option can run any command that will be valid on the operating system - including an .exe or .bat file for example.   The file(s) you want to execute should be placed in the \probes\service\nas\ folder.

Many times we find that when passing parameters to a file/script it works better to encapsulate that in a .bat (or .sh) file and have the AO call that file.