DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Help on configuration of UIM to identify servers, routers and databases and so on

Posted Jun 06, 2016 07:06 AM

Hi Guys,,

I'm new to CA UIM . I'm trying to search some of the servers, routers and hubs from UIM to monitor, i just don't know how to do it . Can anybody help me out how to do it . if any one have pdf or any documents which address configuration of UIM kindly share with me

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Help on configuration of UIM to identify servers, routers and databases and so on

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 07:17 AM

Hi Abishek,

Here some link to guides start with. These are general guides to get started. Give it a look and reach out the community again with any specific question you may have:

Getting Started - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

Main UIM Docs.page:

CA Unified Infrastructure Management - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

Administering CA UIM

Administering CA UIM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

General Probe Management in Infrastructure Manager

General Probe Management in Infrastructure Manager - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Docume…

Using UMP

Using UMP - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

And you may find useful:

Unified Infrastructure Management

Compatibility Matrix

https://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/NMSCompatibility_SupportMatrix_current.pdf

Support Matrix for CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes

https://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/Platform_Support_Availability_current.pdf

Thanks,

Marco Ippati

CA Technologies

Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Help on configuration of UIM to identify servers, routers and databases and so on

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi, I'm going to mark this question as 'assumed answered' since Marco supplied some good information above.

Feel free to mark Marco's response as 'correct' or add a comment should you need some additional info.

Cheers!