DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Dirscan file age monitoring

Posted Jan 27, 2017 02:41 PM

I need to monitor the date modified of a file in a specific directory so that we are alarmed if it is not written to in more than 30 minutes (based on date modified). There are multiple files that end in .log in the directory that are created once a day at midnight. The one I need to monitor looks like this: 20170127.log.  When I set up the scan directory I specified the path and in the pattern I used %Y%m%d.log.  When I go to the Age of file tab I have the "Watch age of newest file" button pushed. Now when I click on the "Fetch current values" button to see if it is picking up the correct file I get a crazy number like 24759066 minutes. Has anyone successfully used the Dirscan probe in the\is way?  The documentation on the website appears to say that this is possible but I don't think it's working.

Ken

• 2.  Re: Dirscan file age monitoring

Posted Jan 30, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi Ken,

I found the case that you raised for this issue (66088)

In that case you worked with barmi15. The following was added before the case was closed:

The documentation specifies that the syntax he was using for identifying files

%Y%m%d.log applies to Directories.
    Unfortunately the syntax does not apply for files

We explored and confirmed that he should be able to use another file pattern that meets his needs, for example 2017*.log or 201*.log

We agreed that there is no technical issue regarding the actual and stated function of the product.