DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  spooler message queues

Posted Nov 11, 2015 07:27 AM

Hi,

We have one of our exchange servers whose hdb and spooler and in an error state. Upon checking log files, we can see that it is because of the spooler queues. How do we get rid of the queues in spooler when it is in an error state?

-kag

• 2.  Re: spooler message queues

Posted Nov 11, 2015 09:34 AM

Hi kanandaguberan ,

Which product is this question referring to? If I know which this question is for, I can move it to the appropriate product community, where it's more likely that experts will see it and respond.

Thanks!

Melanie

• 3.  Re: spooler message queues

Posted Nov 11, 2015 10:39 AM

Hi Melanie,

This is for Nimsoft/ UIM

-kag

• 4.  Re: spooler message queues

Posted Nov 11, 2015 10:41 AM

Thanks! I have moved this question to the CA Infrastructure Management community under the CA UIM category.

• 5.  Re: spooler message queues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2015 11:08 AM

Hi there,

1)  Check the <nimsoft>\robot\q1.rdb and q2.rdb files. These are the queue files for the spooler.

If q2.rdb is small (~1KB) and q1.rdb is continuing to grow, there's probably corrupt data in q2.rdb that's causing QoS to queue on the spooler.

2)  Stop the robot.

3)  Move q2.rdb to a temp folder

4)  Restart the robot.

This will  allow the robot to create a new q2.rdb file which should then allow q1.rdb to begin to flush.  An analysis of the archived q2.rdb may show corrupt data via illegal characters which was disrupting the normal data flow.

If you don't mind loosing any data, you can simply delete both of those files and they will be recreated after the robot is re-activated.

• 6.  Re: spooler message queues

Posted Nov 12, 2015 05:02 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I did check these files and they seem to be of the same size, however the last modified date was on the 7th of this month. The log file has entries saying it is queued and later has an entry saying unable to find the path specified.

-kag

• 7.  Re: spooler message queues

Posted Oct 30, 2016 12:10 PM

Hi Philip,

does the .rdb maximum file size can be configured in spooler probe (Message queue size limit)?

Regards,

Yan

• 8.  Re: spooler message queues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2016 08:40 PM

Yan.

Yes the maximum queue size is configurable through the parameter.

Regards,

Yu

• 9.  Re: spooler message queues

Posted Oct 30, 2016 09:29 PM

Hi Yu,

Thanks. And what is the default size for the maximum queue size parameter? Any references to calculate it?

Regards,

Yan

• 10.  Re: spooler message queues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2016 09:48 PM

No default value for max size. The data retention period (7 days) is default behavior.