DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Posted Sep 16, 2015 07:15 AM

Hi everybody,

I like to show results of some SQL queries in one dashboard. The SQL query fetches one row with one value (e.g. select count(*) from TABLE where-clause).

Can I push the result in the Text widget? If I add the SQL query to Text widget the Text widget remains empty, only a tooltip hover up "Last Value: <result> with DateTimeStamp".

I'd like to see it like this: "Number of dead sessions: <Result-of-SQL-query>".

Is this possible - maybe using of a variable/parameter?

-Olaf

• 2.  Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2015 12:06 PM

What version of UIM are you using? I think it was 8.1 that introduced a SQL Table Widget that will display the results of your query. If you assign the SQL Query Data Source to the Text Widget, you will need to type $VAR into the text box of the text widget. That will display the value. Or you can enter in the text box "Number of dead sessions: $VAR." and that will work to.

• 3.  Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Posted Sep 16, 2015 03:13 PM

I'm using UIM 8.2.

And yes, that's exactly what I need.

I read the dashboard docs on wiki more than once but I never found a hint. But just when I have read again (after your reply) I found the hint for $VAR.

Thanks a lot

• 4.  RE: Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Posted Oct 13, 2019 08:25 AM
    Is it possible to display two data in the dashboard ? (SELECT top 1 message,time_arrival FROM)

• 5.  RE: Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Posted Oct 14, 2019 02:57 AM
    SELECT TOP 1 CONVERT(VARCHAR(100), message) + ' : ' + CONVERT(VARCHAR(30), time_arrival, 113)  FROM

• 6.  RE: Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Posted Oct 15, 2019 01:11 PM
    Not to threadjack but it is kind of a related question: Is there a way to affect the background color of an individual row/cell based on the value of $VAR? 

I can set a color map to affect the foreground color of the text based on the value but the table will be dense and discriminating color of the individual letters is difficult.

I tried setting the field renderer as image and setting up a map for images of the color I wanted but I lose the "show value" option and so do get the color but don't get the value.

I can set the renderer to "Bar" which lets me display the value and have a color map for the bar but it is again hard to read the number because of the contrast between the bar color and background.
    Any suggestions?

• 7.  RE: Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2019 10:03 PM
    Hi Garin,

How about having a separate column for the color map. Both column have the same data, one shows the value and the other just uses the color map for the same value.

• 8.  RE: Re: Show result of SQL query in UMP Dashboard?

Posted Oct 16, 2019 08:06 AM
    I had considered that method but it gets confusing if you have two or more sets of numbers to report. At this point I am going to progress using the "Bar" renderer.