DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Which Firewall Ports are needed to Connect IM to UIM Domain

Posted Jan 22, 2016 06:11 AM

Hello,

can someone tell me the tcp/udp Ports that are needed to be opened from a workstation running Infrastructure Manager to the UIM Domain (primary and/or secondary hub)?

Kindly Regards

Wolfgang

• 2.  Re: Which Firewall Ports are needed to Connect IM to UIM Domain

• 3.  Re: Which Firewall Ports are needed to Connect IM to UIM Domain

Posted Jan 27, 2016 02:42 AM

Thank you for sending this Information!

Sadly the IM ports are not mentioned there.

• 4.  Re: Which Firewall Ports are needed to Connect IM to UIM Domain

Posted Jan 22, 2016 12:17 PM

It'll depend on your environment: If you have direct route to the robots you want to configure from your workstation, IM will connect to those probes directly and not through the hub. That means you should have all probe ports open from you workstation.

If there's no direct connectivity to the robot / probe you want to configure, the communication is routed through the hub. You'll also need connectivity to controller for some functions, so I would assume TCP 48000 and 48002 might be enough if you're using default ports. I usually open a range, though.

Also the reference.. recently I've seen hubs behave very weirdly with client (agent) connectivity. Hub starts taking a lot of ports from first probe port upwards and agents only make the first connection to the actual hub port (48000), after which they try to connect to one of the higher ports... Don't see anything about that stuff in the reference but then again I'm not even sure if it's intended behaviour.

-jon