DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  MySQL UIM database error

Posted Dec 23, 2015 09:07 AM

Hello,

I use CA UIM 8.31 and Mysql over Linux machines. After a mysql restart I am encountering the following error: "Starting MySQL.... ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/var/lib/mysql/cauimdb.dgromania.ro.pid)."

The specified file is missing indeed. How can I recover it. Have anyone had this error?

Thank you,

Alina

• 2.  Re: MySQL UIM database error
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 23, 2015 10:18 AM

generic mysql error unrelated to uim

mr google has many suggestions such as

possible solutions are, first up try a straight restart:

/usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server restart

If that doesn’t fix

Remove /etc/my.cnf or just back it up for now and restart:

sudo mv /etc/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf.bak

Another solution is remove any .err files in the data folder or create missing .pid ones that the error message warns:

@[/usr/local/mysql/data]: sudo /usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server start

Starting MySQL

. ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/usr/local/mysql/data/neils-iMac.local.pid).

So you could remove the .err files like so:

rm *.err /usr/local/mysql/data/

And many more.

However you can always just reinstall mysql and then restore your backup.

• 3.  Re: MySQL UIM database error

Posted Dec 23, 2015 10:58 AM

Hello,

thanks David. I have raised this question after I have modified my.cnf as mysql don't see it at restart. After this restart the UIM couldn't connect properly to the database. So, I have thought that this could be related to the UIM, not only the mysql.

I have seen that, usually, this kind of problem is related to the my.cnf file. I have checked on the mysql documentation all declared parameters and I found some misspelling. After correction and killing all mysql related processes, the database start was clen and also the UIM connection was re-established.

Thanks,

Alina

• 4.  Re: MySQL UIM database error

Posted Dec 23, 2015 11:03 AM

ah very good and great work.

mysql was running in my lab for years and there was never a problem doing a restart, but then that was windows.