DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  NI Gigastor integrate with CA ADA

Posted Apr 26, 2016 04:34 AM

Hi,

Issue: Recently upgraded the ADA and gigastor connector in our environment to 10.6, after installing the connector on NI gigastor appliance the CA ADA gigastor reader service is not starting. and the error logs is getting updated with the below error every two minutes.

3:57:16 Severity 1 - GigastorSuperAgentSource starting up

03:59:18 Severity 1 - GS Initialize() failed (errror = -1) after 30 retries.

03:59:18 Severity 2 - hr_test failure 0x80004005 Unspecified error at GigastorReader.cpp 395 -

03:59:18 Severity 2 - hr_test failure 0x80004005 Unspecified error at GigastorReader.cpp 174 -

03:59:18 Severity 2 - Aborting service

ADA Management console 10.6.0.11 (Console for display)

ADA Collector 10.6.0.11 (gets the data feed from gigastor )

Gigastor Connector -  Connector v.10.6.0.11; Observer v.17.0.12.2  - Gigastor appliance on windows7

I already tried the below CA support article but its doesn't work. Maybe the error code is different.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec584771.aspx

Any advise would be appreciated. thanks

can please suggest Stuart_Weenig

Regards

Franklin

• 2.  Re: NI Gigastor integrate with CA ADA

Posted Apr 26, 2016 08:19 AM

No idea dude. I've always stayed as far away from Gigastor as possible for this very reason (and the reason that they're running a desktop version of a 14 year old operating system).

Dump it and get MTP.

• 3.  Re: NI Gigastor integrate with CA ADA

Posted Apr 29, 2016 04:16 AM

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply,Migrating from gigastor to MTP wont be that easy in our environment as it should go through lot of approvals. We are using gigastor for quite a while now.

Just want to clarify with you regarding MTP, whats the max storage available for CA MTP appliances. Currently the gigastor's we use in our environment are 41TB appliances. MTP's i believe its comes with max storage of 11TB.

Regards

Franklin

• 4.  Re: NI Gigastor integrate with CA ADA
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2016 08:07 AM

MTP wasn't designed from the beginning to fully compete with GigaStor since NetQoS had a relationship with NI. As such, the storage capabilities of MTP were never really advertised or developed that strongly. NetQoS was reselling Gigastors as the high capacity capture system with storage and MTP as the high capacity capture system without storage. Since that relationship pretty much doesn't matter anymore, the MTP can be looked at as a storage system as well. CA needs to improve on this. MTP has the ability to store packets, it's one of the settings; you specify how many hours you want to keep or something like that (i haven't looked at it recently). One of the things they have hinted at is software only MTP, allowing you to purchase the napatech card yourself and load the MTP software on any system you want. Since you'd be building the system, you could tie it to your own storage system with as much storage as you'd like. Until that happens, your only other option would be to see if you could do something similar with the appliance provided by CA.

• 5.  Re: NI Gigastor integrate with CA ADA

Posted May 02, 2016 10:32 PM

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Regards

Franklin

• 6.  Re: NI Gigastor integrate with CA ADA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2016 08:34 AM

Hi Franklin,

This Community is gennerally for non-product specific questions. I would like to get you some assistance with your question so i'm going to move this post question to the Product Community.

Regards,

Colleen