DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Customization of Relationship Viewer.

Posted Mar 30, 2016 01:12 AM

Dear all,

Using UIM/UMP 8.0.

The relationship viewer has showing the automatically built up the topology of discovered devices.

Is it possible to set any background image or can we segregate the topology by region wise in the relationship viewer of CA UMP ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Customization of Relationship Viewer.

Posted Jan 24, 2017 06:30 AM

Hello!

All the we support to change background image at 8.0 is:

Add an Image - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

NOTE:  UIM/UMP 8.0 is already in EOS since 2015:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=5

About how to segregate the topology by region wise in the relationship viewer, this customization can be done by CA Services help

• 3.  Re: Customization of Relationship Viewer.

Posted Jan 24, 2017 06:58 AM

Thank you.

The requirement is for 'relationship_viewer' portlet in which topology of discovered devices exists. The mentioned link is for customized dashboard.

• 4.  Re: Customization of Relationship Viewer.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 10:17 AM

There is no method to change the background in Relationship Viewer at this time.

I am not sure about segregating the network but I don't think it's possible either - the topology_agent essentially crawls the network and looks at routing tables, ARP tables, etc. to build a view of the network, so it will always display the true physical connectivity of the network and there is no way to segment this further that I am aware of.