DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Using the threshold_migrator combining net_connect

Posted Apr 20, 2016 10:07 AM

We are using net_connect in combination with snmpcollector to monitor the network enviroment of our customers.

One of our customers the network devices contain a bug the creates a lot of alarms of "Packet Loss is above threshold limit!".

This alarm will clear itself automatically after a few minutes, but it creates a lot of false positive alarms.

I have read about the threshold_migrator probe, which can create a time over threshold for net_connect. This would solve the above problem.

However, when installing and looking at the threshold_migrator probe I have found a few issues.

First it tells you, you cannot edit the net_connect probe anymore from the infrastructure manager.

Does this mean you cannot edit the config file as well?

We have to edit the config file, because we have written a web page the automatically imports devices in snmp_collector and netconnect, and the net_connect probe doesn't have a callback to add a device.

And it looks like I have to setup the Time over threshold for every device.

The amount of devices is around 150, do I have to set the configuration for every device manually?

I was wondering if more people are using the combination of this probes, and how they have setup there environment?

• 2.  Re: Using the threshold_migrator combining net_connect
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 10:27 AM

HI,

So I know that there is a known issue with net_connect and the admin console on remote hubs using tunnels.

very often the interface will not open and you will get an error.

As to editing the net_connect.cfg. Yes you can edit it but this will no longer be were the settings are stored for TOT alarms.

TOT alarms are stored in the local nas alarm_enrichment probe directory in a file called rule_config.xml.

TOT is all done by the baseline_engine and nas at this point.

If you are scripting this process I would not see TOT as a good process for you to move to.

Hope this helps