DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How do you backup templates created within Admin Console for specific probes?

Posted Dec 04, 2015 11:37 AM

Hello, I am wondering where do you export, backup or saved in the archive new templates that we create within the Admin Console for specific probes?

The new template isn't stored within the probes cfg so where is it? How do I then apply that template to a new probe instance elsewhere?

• 2.  Re: How do you backup templates created within Admin Console for specific probes?

Posted Dec 07, 2015 10:18 AM

The templates are stored within the bulk_config/raw_templates directory of the probe. You can copy the template from this directory to the same directory in another instance of the probe. I believe the probe will need to be restarted to pick up the template.

• 3.  Re: How do you backup templates created within Admin Console for specific probes?

Posted Dec 07, 2015 10:29 AM

Thanks for the info. So if we don't have access to the box then what? This is running on a client machine. How are we supposed to distribute this to another instance to another machine where we don't have access?

• 4.  Re: How do you backup templates created within Admin Console for specific probes?

Posted Dec 07, 2015 10:54 AM

Unfortunately there currently isn't a mechanism I know of to copy a template from one probe instance to another without host access.

• 5.  Re: How do you backup templates created within Admin Console for specific probes?

Posted Dec 08, 2015 12:43 PM

Wow ok. So this is a horrible over site in the functionality of the Admin Console then. So we are going to need to re-create the template all over again if we don't have access to the box?

• 6.  Re: How do you backup templates created within Admin Console for specific probes?

Posted Dec 08, 2015 01:30 PM

Yes without access to the box, you will need to re-create the template.