DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  sqlserver "logfile_usage" alert

Posted Sep 01, 2014 02:35 PM

Hi All,

I could see the below mentioned alerts from some of the SQL servers being monitored by NIMSOFT. on checking the permissions from DB end, we could find all the permissions are given to  the Nimsoft user. (some servers with similar permissions and configuration are fine without these alerts) please suggest what is to be done to fix this issue and the cause for this issue.

Profile XXXXX, checkpoint logfile_usage, query execution did not run successfully, error msg: Profile: Tup003/logfile_u

sage/(ProcessResult) - COM Error: Code=0x80004005 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Server user 'nimmon' is not a valid user in database 'model'.

Profile: xxxxxxx /logfile_usage/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80004005 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Server user 'nimmon' is not a valid user in database 'INF_ABERDEEN'.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan. R

• 2.  Re: sqlserver "logfile_usage" alert

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2016 05:17 PM

Did you find any solution for this issue.

• 3.  Re: sqlserver "logfile_usage" alert

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2016 11:13 AM

A new version of the sqlserver probe was GA this past week v4.95.  This might fix your issue.

Below is a snippet of the release notes:

Fixed Defects:

1. Updated the Release Notes for the required settings for a user without db_owner and sysadmin permissions. Support case number 00289881

2. The probe generated corrupt QoS data when monitoring multiple targets. Support case number 292771

3. The probe displayed incorrect unit for the allocated variable in the alarm message for the logfile_usage checkpoint. Support case number 319212

• 4.  Re: sqlserver "logfile_usage" alert

Posted Sep 08, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi CA Team,

Any update on this issue. Me too getting this error on some sql probe servers.#cauim#casupport#sqldatabase#sqlserverprobe#sqlserver

• 5.  Re: sqlserver "logfile_usage" alert

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 10:53 AM

I would expect this is a permissions issue.

If you have updated to the latest GA version of the probe

test your profile using SA.

if this works then have your DBA change the permissions on the user to allow this check point to run.

you can see the queries in the below KB.

• 6.  Re: sqlserver "logfile_usage" alert

Posted Sep 08, 2017 11:17 AM

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your response. I have checked the permissions. All the sys admin permissions have been given to the user to access the SQL db. But, still while executing the query, its getting the error code Code=0x0x80004005, ODBC communication link failure alert.