DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Spec 9.4 JRE install

Posted Sep 08, 2015 01:33 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had installed Java for Spectrum 9.4.0 without using the downloaded version from the One Click page, and what if any issues I may run into with this?

I have seen that I also need to install the JCEUnlimited Strength Files but is it as simple as just installing this and then running the console?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Ben.

• 2.  Re: Spec 9.4 JRE install
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2015 03:38 PM

Yes, you can use a different JRE version than the one from the OneClick page as long as it is a version greater than or equal to the supported version. You will also need to download and install the JCEUnlimited Strength files for that version. You will need to update the OneClick Client Configuration page to use a newer version of JRE.

Please keep in mind when using a using a JRE version other than the version which is provided to you could result in undesirable application behavior.

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: Spec 9.4 JRE install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2015 06:57 PM

Here is the screen capture of OneClick Client Configuration page to use a newer version of JRE.

AllowLaterJRE.png

• 4.  Re: Spec 9.4 JRE install

Posted Sep 09, 2015 04:27 AM

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Ben.

• 5.  Re: Spec 9.4 JRE install

Posted Sep 09, 2015 04:26 AM

Thanks Joe, I was really trying to understand if there is any need to download the specific version from one click or if it would work the same if I just downloaded Java from the IBM site with the correct version obviously.

Thanks,

Ben.